Wow, time has been going by faster and faster the closer it gets to my due date. I am officially due in exactly 4 weeks (Jan. 8), possibly a little earlier according to my first ultrasound. I had my doctor's appointment Tuesday - I now have weekly appointments - and it was pretty exciting because we talked about when to call and when to go to the hospital. I am 1.5 cm and 70% effaced, which I think is pretty cool because it means my body is starting to do what it is supposed to! Maybe the spicy Indian food is already working! The baby has been head down for about 3 months now so that is great and he is facing towards my right side, which is why I am constantly getting kicked in my side. Also, he is down low - his head is at 0 station, so he is getting ready! That's why I am always feeling pressure on my bladder - Yay for going to the bathroom every 1 or 2 hours at night! The doctor said there would be nothing to worry about if he's here early, but she is guessing he will be a January baby. I am still hoping for Dec. 31 so we will have a little new year's present!
Scott and I are doing a good job of getting prepared for baby Ethan! We finished all of our classes - childbirth, baby care, baby safety, and breastfeeding. The nursery is ready to go and looks cute! I will take some pictures soon for everyone to see. I have all of his clothes/towels/sheets washed and put away thanks to help from my mom (since our dryer is broken!). And we are so thankful for all of the wonderful gifts we got from everyone, otherwise we would definitely not have all the things he needs. We would have never imagined how much stuff is needed to take care of a baby! Our little house is becoming taken over by strollers, swings, pack n play, etc., etc.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed spending the week with Melissa and Gary from London and lots of friends and family, including my Aunt Kathy who was also visiting. We had 2 great baby showers! I am trying to get pictures from everyone so I can post them. We are so excited for the upcoming holidays and the anticipation of Ethan's arrival! After the new year, Mel and Gary will be coming back to meet our baby boy (for 2 weeks I think) and Ethan will also get to meet his Grandma from Taiwan who will be here for a few weeks.
There are so many things to be excited and thankful for!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Jessica! It's Amy! I just signed up for this site, it seems cool! And I love to write. Your baby pics are so great! WOW!
Post a Comment